Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kermit gets some batteries

I took a couple of days off of work to make a final push on getting the car rolling, and it paid off. I finished all the sheet metal work around the battery box, and gave it a shot of primer gray. I also finished up all the wiring. I used 3/4" flexible waterproof conduit run in the tunnel above the driveshaft and transmission from the battery box to the front of the car where the inverter lives. I got 70 cells (the remaining 28 are still being conditioned) and installed them:I was hoping to take it for a little spin with this partial pack, but 244 volts from these 70 cells was not enough to start up the DC-DC converters for the 12 volt system, and without 12 volts, the main contactor would not close, so no joyriding yet. I should get the remaining cells put in sometime this week.

No comments: